Job Type: Part-Time or Full-Time
Salary: £20,000-£25,000 pro rata (dependant on experience and training) plus pension contributions
Church Size: 500+
Home Church is a thriving church in Hertfordshire, UK. Our church has grown significantly over the past 12 months and we are currently in search of a standout, creative and innovative leader to oversee our Kids Ministry. We are looking for someone excited about the vision of Home Church with a passion to see Kids flourish in their relationship with Jesus and His Church.
Key leader for the Kids Ministry
- Provide vision and leadership to the Kids Ministry and position it for future growth.
- Be the point person for escalated questions, concerns and issues from parents/staff/volunteers.
- Be the key contact for meeting new parents and introducing them to the church and kids ministry.
- Support and encourage volunteers on a regular basis.
- Responsible for overseeing, enforcing, and adapting all Kids Ministry policies (in conjunction with the Safeguarding Officer or Lead Pastors when necessary)
- Deliver the Kids programme across Sunday services.
Report directly to the Lead Pastors
- Meet every weeks with the Lead Team to report strengths and weaknesses of the ministry, to be held accountable for job responsibilities, and also to better develop personal leadership.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and periodic training events.
Recruitment & Training
- Be the face of Home Church Kids Ministry and effectively recruit new volunteers.
- Onboard new volunteers in line with our volunteer recruitment policy.
- Prepare and lead specific training for volunteers.
- Prepare curriculum materials.
- Conduct background checks in line with the application process.
- Ensure compliance with our Child Protection Policy.
- Oversee purchasing of supplies, equipment, curriculum, etc.
- Organise team rotas and develop effective communication with teams.
- There is a genuine occupational requirement that the post-holder has a personal, growing, and mature relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrates consistent Christian lifestyle and is of strong character.
- Demonstrates a humble and teachable attitude.
- Is fully committed to and part of the Home Church family.
Giftedness & Abilities
- Demonstrates an ability to relate with people of all ages (children and adults).
- Good communication skills including leading in a group setting.
- Ability to develop leaders.
- Ability to train and supervise volunteers.
- Ability to recruit and identify new volunteers.
- Ability to administratively oversee multiple areas.
- Must be a self motivated, innovative, natural leader and who enjoys being part of a team.
- Ability to think strategically and plan for future growth.
- An enhanced DBS check will be required.
To apply for this role please forward your CV to email@example.com along with a short introduction telling us more about yourself.